Interview: My Top 5 - Sicknature


Sicknature is a rap artist and hip-hop producer from Copenhagen, Denmark and is 1/3 of the international rap group Snowgoons. He has provided productions for various hip-hop artists such as ILL Bill, Slaine, La Coka Nostra, Vinnie Paz, Army Of The Pharaohs, Heavy Metal Kings and more.

Sicknature has also worked with legendary artists such as Onyx, M.O.P., Sean Price, Dilated Peoples, Ghostface Killah of Wu-Tang Clan and many others. Enough talking... Check out Sicknature's "Top 5" and more.

Your Favorite 5 Producers:

That would probably be DJ Premier, RZA, Rick Rubin, Dr.Dre & Pete Rock. But it´s hard to mention only 5 favorite producers.

Favorite Beat They Produced:

Depends on the mood...But, "NY State of Mind" & "WU-Tang Ain't Nothing To F*ck With" need to be mentioned. 

Why or What do you like about their skills behind the boards?

Innovation...Back in the 90s you had to dig to find the right sample. Some producers were great at that and great at using them in an innovative way. Today the art is more about how innovative you can be with or without a sample.

How have they influenced or inspired you?

The energy and the sound of their beats have inspired me. The beats I make are in that lane, but with my own touch.

Which producer would you like to collabo with?

All my favorites




What inspires you to make music?

Everyday life. Sometimes I am just expected to just write some bars, but what inspires me the most is when something comes up that reminds me of something in my life that others can relate to. For example: I once went to a bar like once a month. I always saw the same guy sitting in the corner with his beer. One day, the bar was kinda empty and we started talking. He explained to me he had lost his job due to technological advancement and because of his age no one wanted to hire him. He felt like he didn't matter and his depression made him lose his wife and home. I felt like writing his story.

A part of the verse goes like this:

Copenhagen captial: his birthplace
The herd say it's the happiest place on the planet, guess he wasn't part of the survey
His boss gave him a disturbing call
Replaced by a robot, guess technology knows how to curve the ball
He's feeling like a loser, that's why he boozed up behind the way the Dirty walls
His girlfriend is about to leave, feel like it's a curtain call
Worst of all, he is not alone in this uneasy place
From his feeble state and with a battery extremely drained
He looks at a business system that is exteremly vague
Technology is innovated with speedy pace
But are machines able to pay for what other machines create?
(
Sicknature on "Sparks of Hope")

How would you describe your music?

Hard body hip-hop with a cinematic and personal twist.

What are your thoughts regarding the use of samples in music?

All music is created with inspiration from something else.

What are your thoughts on Europe's contribution to Hip-Hop's global influence?

I think that Hip-Hop is very much alive and well in Europe. Rappers like Blabbermouf, Mister Personal, Prop Dylan (and myself) to name a few, have managed to get listeners and followers worldwide. A few European artists have made groups with artists from outside of Europe (An example is Supa Kaiju = Napolean Da Legend and myself). Many European producers are producing for dope artists worldwide. Look at the Snowgoons. We have toured almost the entire planet and worked with some of the best Hip-Hop artists from all over the world with respect to the origins of Hip-Hop. I think Europe is well-known for it's love for the boom bap sound and for the Hip-Hop culture in general. With that said, there are artists and producers all over the world doing their thing.

How do you come up with the concept for creating your beats / instrumental albums?

Well, I normally don't make instrumental albums. The "Beatcave Trilogy" was made as a side project. I am mostly focused on making songs that I produce and spit on. But since I make beatsfaster than I make entire songs, I thought it made sense to do it. It was a fun project. I used to live in a basement. A lot of the productions and songs that I am known for, was made there. That was my beatcave. So it wasn't really that hard to come up with a concept for the "Beatcave Trilogy".

Any final words or thoughts?

Thanx to Gimmie That Beat for the interview

Latest project: 



Sicknature, also known as one of the 3 main producers in Snowgoons, is back with a 3rd instrumental project titled "Beatcave III".

The Beatcave series has been known to contain hard underground boom bap beats and the same recipe is used to make the third Beatcave project. Heavy hitting productions, 2 of them with scratch from Denmark´s own DJ Wernz, will most likely result in serious head nodding - if you are into hard body instrumental hip-hop. 

Source: Goon Promotion  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonk Knob Records - Not What I Call Bonk Wave Volume 001

Gimmie That Beat Top 10: August 2023

Bonk Knob Records - Not What I Call Bonk Wave - Volume 002 (Disc B)