Tulip Tiger - dummy thicc patience thin


Tulip Tiger, the instrumental electronic project of the prolific Augustus Watkins, is never constrained to any subgenre, and this shows in force on the latest effort, dummy thicc patience thin.

The LP is insouciant, flippant, and occasionally confrontational, delivering a dream-like take on electro by implementing unique song structures, melodies, and synth lines. Opener "Fax Me That Smell" infuses glitch and IDM, while album standout "Dilly on the Bonnet" delivers pitch-perfect deep house. "shade outreach" turns robocall scams into music, and alt R&B vibes rain down on "Soft Power". The material glimmers.

“I opened my folder of songs and I thought I had two songs in there, but it turns out I had seven, so now I’m releasing them.” -Augustus Watkins, Tulip Tiger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonk Knob Records - Not What I Call Bonk Wave Volume 001

Gimmie That Beat Top 10: August 2023

Bonk Knob Records - Not What I Call Bonk Wave - Volume 002 (Disc B)